Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pregnancy Brain

So yesterday was a rough day brainwise for me. I went to see Eclipse the night before so I was already running on 3 hours of sleep. I curled up at lunch time on the floor of my office with my rain jacket as my cover and the bag as my pillow. Not so comfy at all, but I was able to get a much needed cat nap in.
After I woke up, I knew I needed to go to Home Depot to get a few keys made for my office. I went to McDonald's on the way there to grab a quick bite to eat on the way to Home Depot. I remember getting my wallet out of the side of my purse. 10 feet later, I pull up to the window to pay and my wallet is GONE. Seriously!?!
I embarassingly told the guy at the window that I couldn't find my wallet and had just had it. I park and rummage through the truck in hopes of finding it. I open all 4 doors, look front and back and it's no where to be seen.
At this point it's 115 or so and I'm starving and already not feeling well. Luckily, McDonald's isn't the most expensive of fast food establishments and I had $2 in my purse. I got another $1.20 from the change in the dash, walked inside and got my double cheeseburger meal. Phew! At least I was able to eat.
Still though, no wallet. I'm going to Brazil in a week, I have things to do, I need my wallet. The trip to Home Depot was out because they would want me to pay for the keys.
I go back to my office, still frantic as to what I've done with my wallet. I knew it had to be in the truck, but where? I sat at my desk for a few minutes before taking a trash bag to the truck in determination to clean out the mess in hopes of finding my wallet too.
Sure enough, there it was, between my seat and the console on the ground. How'd I miss it? No idea, I blame it on pregnancy brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment